Today I started my day with a wonderful sleep. It was so heavenly to be back in my own bed where I am able to restore at my greatest speed. A friend of mine used to always want to lay on my bed and I would refuse her. I finally had to tell her that my bed is my paradise. I love and loved her, but didn't want her energy. I am sure this is why the majority of people don't sleep well their first night in a hotel. The hotel bed isn't your paradise, but a shared one. My bed is my paradise and I use it to restore myself!
I went to Lotus Rising (my local yoga studio) where I took a wonderful class with a new teacher/guide. It was grand to mix it up. Karen helped me stretch places that I had forgotten about. I intend to show someone (I haven't met him yet) my new poses. It's gonna be wicked. Using good techniques to accomplish other good goals is very very productive.
I left LA on Wed to go to San Fran to see a Friend of mine perform. Seeing her was amazing and wonderous. She blesses my soul when she sings and when we are together. I revel in her delight!
For my health I did several unique things for myself:
1. I left my laptop and camera home. (I love to communicate with each, but this time I wanted to communicate with nature and myself and not have to be burdened with carrying these items.) This is my second trip without my laptop. I missed it, but not too much.... haha
2. I took all of the items needed to stay on my eating program. (Details at the end) And I also followed my program.
3. I did a small workout in the hotel gym and I ALSO took a Yoga class. I can count on one hand how many activities other than running I've done on any and all trips in the last year. So two on one trip was BIG.
4. I walked often, took public transport some and cabbed a couple of times. All in all, I was very active.
As I mentioned before, I am on Isagenix. For me I have two different kinds of days in terms of food:
1. Breakfast Shake; A Sensible Lunch; and Dinner Shake. These are supplimented with a few snacks and other stuff. It's been quite easy.
2. Cleanse Days: These consist of Liquids only.
So for my trip, I was on Shake, Meal, Shake days and completed them as I needed to.
I was anxious about how OH HOW could poor little ME ever get this accomplished. Once I got out of my own way, it was easy. I put each shake portion in a SNACK zip-lock. Then I put these snacks in a SANDWICH zip-lock. WOW, how low tech and easy. **CHUMP** haha. I also took one plastic bottle with a big mouth (like mine) and used hotel ice, water and shake. And then I did a "Shake Weight" workout!!! I totally freaking rock!!!!
More about my weight loss and inches lost tomorrow.
Thanks for sharing the ride. Love and Peace (and preparing for a Piece!!!)