Monday, January 10, 2011

OUTTA BALANCE

Or outta whack.  That's been my day.

I have strived to find peace and harmony and I've completely missed it.  At least for today.  In the words of a friend of mine, "I was Over-Served."  LOL  I enjoyed Jack's company just a wee bit too much yesterday and I have certainly paid the price today.  No headache, but I have been as sluggish as an engine with dirty oil. 

I am reminded of the song "Have I Stayed Too Long At The Fair" by Billy Barnes.  An excerpt is as follows:

I wanted the music to play on forever
Have I stayed too long at the fair?
I wanted the clown to be constantly clever
Have I stayed too long at the fair?
I bought me blue ribbons to tie up my hair,
But I couldn't find anybody to care;
The merry-go-round is beginning to taunt now

The last line is my Favorite.  That's how it seems on the next morning.  I wanted to be the clever clown and ride and ride but now the merry-go-round IS beginning to taunt me.  I love being out and about and imbibing and enjoying, but sometimes I forget that I do have to get off the ride before....

Another great lyric which aptly describes what I perceive as my turn at the party

The circus tent
Was strung with every star in the sky
Above the ring I love so well.

(This from Little Girl Blue by Richard Rogers)


So of course, TODAY, I wanted/needed balance and it was quite hard to achieve it.  With my slightly addictive personality, I have great highs and don't want them to end.  A great Yoga class, a great Dan-day alone, a great outfit, but then comes the pendulum swinging back the other way.

So in my quest, I am searching and seeking more sustaining highs with a little less Jack and a little more self-created highs.  Those wonderful highs that come from our own internal energy.  So tonight and tomorrow and all my many tomorrows, I will strive to amp up my own energy.  Wish me luck!

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment