Monday, December 20, 2010

Parsley, SAGE, Rosemary and Thyme (Time)

SAGE and TIME

I am lucky (at least I think so) that Sage advice comes to me, whether through my own thoughts and prayers or through others.  And those others aren't necessarily always friends and family (even though some days it is from family and friends), sometimes the others are complete strangers.  And sometimes I have to look back at my own musings and writings and really believe what I've written and heed my own advice.

I have extolled repeatedly that the only MIND I have to work with is MY mind.  But I conveniently set that idea aside when it suits me.  Case in point, I have expectations of friends and family that aren't always what they "signed up" for.  And the only person to get rained upon is me when I have expectations of others.  A friend of mine recently blatantly lied to me over something that was quite important to me.  Of course had it not been for his partner (who is usually very quiet) I would have never known about the lie.  And boy or girl was I hurt, pissed, upset, angry....  And at the end of the day, it seemed as if I was the only one rained on.  I have (had) thought of many ways to retort, to answer, to ignore, to pretend...  but at the end of the day, I'm disappointed.  I was expecting that my friend was as eager to be my friend as I am to be his.  When in all truthfulness, I don't think it's that important to him.  And maybe I'm not the only one that isn't important to him, but there again, it's my mind that I have to deal with.   So I take his actions as exactly what they were: A Lie.  And I move forward.  I will evaluate and execute (figuratively so far) as I need for myself.

TIME

I have a new project for myself that I will begin tomorrow (12/21).  I will reveal it as the days pass.  It is a Four Week project and I simply expect all good results.  This project is about me, for me, by me and since it's all about me (ha ha  at least on this blog) I will let the project unfold and detail it as it happens.

As for the Parsley and Rosemary, I only have Rosemary to talk about.   I love Rosemary Clooney and her voice.  I'm very glad it was heavily recorded so I can enjoy it for a long time to come.  And truthfully, I do know why Parsley is on most plates.  It helps with bad breath, poor digestion and lots of other things.  Google Parsley.  You might be surprised.

XOXO  Danny

No comments:

Post a Comment