Saturday, June 23, 2012

On the Road to 50 - 3

Even though I just uploaded #2, I'm already for #3.

Yesterday (June 22nd) was the second day in Hawaii.  Patrick (my friend who has joined me on this trip) and I went to the beach outside the Hotel; then, we drove up the coast.  We stopped at another beach about 45 minutes away. It was so heavenly.  Several families dotted this small beach with beautiful sand and rock outcroppings.  We got into the water for a bit, then hopped back in the car and drove further up the coast stopping at several villages to sample local color, coffees and sweets.  Next, we drove through a small rain forest and into the Waipio Valley on the north coast of the Island.

The sights and sounds and peace was so wondrous.  Yesterday, I spent more than 8 hours with the cellphone in the trunk of the car and the camera unattached from me.  I did take a few photos, but more often than not, I simply snapped a record into my memory.

Patrick and I knew each other when he lived in Los Angeles.  Now he's back in Melbourne Australia.  I must have said 25 times yesterday:  "I'm just happy!"  20 plus years ago a wonderful Medium told me that Hawaii was my supreme vacation destination.  Not a place as a home, but a great place to just be.  And June, you were so right.  It took me a while to get here, but it was worth the wait.

I won't be giving up my "big city life" anytime soon.  But I have found a wonderful place to rest, relax and wallow in the peace.

Mahalo Hawaii.

Aloha for now!  XO

No comments:

Post a Comment