Saturday, June 23, 2012

On he Road to Fifty - 2


(That's entry #2, not 52)

Around the first of this year, I saw a blurb about the book: “365 Thank Yous”.  It seems the book was published a couple of years ago.  I quickly glanced at the synopsis, and thought that seems interesting.  As it sometimes happens, that’s where I left the thought.

Again a few weeks back near the beginning of June, I saw another blurb about this book.  I downloaded it from B&N and quickly devoured the entire book in two settings.  (Or is it seatings?)  Either way this small book delivered a huge wallop. 

I have always considered myself quite lucky.  I was born on a Friday, the Luckiest day of the week. I am a Pisces, the luckiest sign of all.  I was born in the year of the Rabbit, again, the luckiest sign of all.  If you ask me, I’m pretty darned Lucky.  And  just as lucky as I feel, I always try to remember to be thankful.

So there I am on day one reading this book while I have dinner at a favorite steakhouse.  The book is powerful in quiet ways.  I sat eating my dead cow and crying behind my glasses.  Such a pretty sight!  Oh, I guess I’m supposed to be thankful for that sight too. ... I suppose.  Ha ha.

Anyway, the jist of the book is “the more thankful we are, the more we have things to be thankful for.”  And I agree; this is truly an idea that I can get behind.  I’m now writing thank you notes, left, right and center, and finding more each day to be thankful for.

Today, I am thankful, that I got up, I made it to the airport with plenty of time to spare, the staff at the airport were all polite and courteous, and as I write this, I’m high over the Pacific Ocean on my way to a First Time visit to Hawaii.

Thankful I am that I’m still on the Road to Fifty!  XO  

No comments:

Post a Comment