Friday, March 16, 2012

High School

Today’s post on F/b was a picture that I shared from my old high school English teacher.  (I like her so much more now that I don’t have to see her everyday.  I’m just saying.)  The picture has the following:

Don’t Mistake
My Silence for Ignorance
My Calmness for Acceptance
My Kindness for Weakness

To that I added a comment that sometimes kindness and gentleness were simply an Armor used as protection.

To date, I have NEVER hit another person out of anger.  In the past, abuse was linked to spankings.  The idea was if you spanked your child, that child would more likely be an abuser.  Maybe that is true for some, but I doubt it.  My mama wore my ass out with a flyswatter.  And I say she did it often, especially when the Valium and Coffee and Menthol Cigarettes hadn’t kicked in; or were in danger of running out.  Truth is I don’t think I’d be a spanker if I were a parent.  (I’m a much better wanker.)  But I do think that there are TOO many people who have been / are / will be in need of a good spanking.  Somethings just ain’t right!

And speaking of High School, recently a client of mine (Attorney) said:  You know some people have to be considered from the prospective of “how long have they been out of high school.”  (Let me say, most college graduates and certainly those who did post graduate work don’t usually speak in “high school” references.)  So I asked him what he meant.  This was his reasoning:

In High School when someone does something really fucking stupid, one of their friends smacks them on the back of the head and says:  “That was really fucking stupid!”  For some, the further they are from that scenario the stupider they become.  This was one of those “Ah Hah” moments.

Recently I have seen too many people who are a little too big for their britches and a little too far from High School.  It is so tempting to smack them on the back of the head and say “That was really fucking stupid.”  But then their drama ridden lives aren’t even good enough for TNT, so I just let them be.

And, YES, I try very hard not to be that one that others say “JFC that Bitch needs to be fucking smacked in the back of the head.”  Pray for me!  Unlike Whitney, I hope to stay smack-free!

No comments:

Post a Comment